Thursday, January 12, 2012

a new but classic guest to this party

So green bean casserole usually doesn't happen in our house.  
But I decided to try it out, with some twists of course.

I started with an onion and started to saute it.  Then I added some chopped mushrooms, both baby portobello and shiitake. 

 

After it had started to get brown and delicious I added some seasonings: nutmeg, garlic and onion powder, cayenne, and salt and pepper


Next up I added some spinach, boom!


And then I chopped up some green beans and added those
 

Then it was time to make a little roux - 2 Tablespoons butter and flour

 

After it had all cooked for about a minute I added some milk, about a cup, and some gruyere 

 

I let that all thicken up and divided it up into a greased muffin tin


And then topped it with some more cheese and some puff pastry, adorable


They came out looking good and were tasty, but I'm not sure on an ideal presentation of such a dish...


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment