Thursday, February 14, 2013

sewn with love

Happy Valentine's Day! 
I hope y'all are passing around some love to your friends and family and eating plenty of chocolate. 

But let's get to the good stuff, the crafting.
This year Ashley and I were into sewing some of our valentines.  

Here's what you do:
Sketch what you want to sew onto the card and then take a needle and poke holes around it like so:


Then start sewing with some embroidery thread.  After pulling the thread through the front of the card, loop it back through the previous hole for a smooth line.  Kind of like this:


Ta-Da!


It takes a bit of time, but it's pretty adorable.
I failed to get a picture of the mass of our valentines, but it was a pretty similarly sized pile to last year.

Also, we found this valentine mask, so of course I had to get it and then color it for a certain someone.


I know, flipping amazing! Who doesn't want a cat-in-a-bow-tie-mask-valentine???

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment