Wednesday, March 13, 2013

food lately: cooking it all

I'm on spring break right now. And, let me tell you something, it's awesome.  I think it's safe to say it's the best spring break ever.  
There are two reasons that make it so:

1. I'm not in classes anymore so this is the first time I get a break from school and work with no school work that I actually need to be doing during break, so it's an actual break. 

2. I didn't go anywhere.  It's a staycation.  Filled with crafting, cooking, and relaxing.  I slept in until 10 am on Monday!

Of course I still made lists of all the things I wanted to accomplish over this break.  Things that would probably take a year to do if I had all the time to dedicate to them.  But some of the things are getting done.  I'll share those soon.

But until then, here's some food as of late, of all meals of the day:


Breakfast, quesadilla with scrambled eggs, veggie bacon, cheese, butter, tortillas, and done


Lunch, pesto pasta and "chicken" milanese. It's one of those gardin fake chicken breasts, pretty good


Also lunch, buffalo mac-and-cheese.  Basically I just added buffalo sauce to my mac and cheese, and some green onions.  A little on the salty side


Dinner, German-fest, soy beer brats, sauerkraut, mustard potatoes, and pretzels


Dinner, scallion pancakes, and faux pho.  It wasn't really pho at all, the noodle-to-broth ratio was off, but still delicious, with grilled tofu on top
Dinner, Americana, spinach, baked beans, BBQ tofu, and mashed potato cakes.  For the cakes I made mashed potatoes, added some chopped up veggie bacon and then shaped them into patties and pan-fried them in some more butter.  And yes, they were delicious.  What's not to love about a crispy crust around creamy mashed potatoes? 



Hope you're enjoying this week as much as I am!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment