Friday, May 10, 2013

quilt 2: in progress

I'm starting quilt number two and that's exciting, but it's also a little bittersweet.  
I'm making a t-shirt quilt from all of my wonderful Hendrix t-shirts.  What's Hendrix? Oh, just my super awesome college. It's tiny and in Arkansas, so it's likely you've never heard of it.  But it's great, and I had a pretty perfect college experience there.  

Hendrix is really big on the t-shirt, and making them for every event.  So not surprisingly, I have a pretty large collection -- around 30! 
They are very near and dear to my heart as they remind me of my wonderful time there.  However, they are t-shirts, which means they'll get old and need to be tossed at some point, and that will make me sad.  Also, many of them don't make sense to people outside the bubble and can come off as a little strange... so many just don't get worn at all anymore.  

So, I decided to preserve them in a quilt. 
It sounds great in theory, but it's a bit daunting, as any quilt is really.  
And it also means cutting up these sweet lovely things.  

But I know it's for the best.  

So the cutting has begun:

I'll keep you posted.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment